Our bus service is expanding and we are looking for customer-oriented, enthusiastic and dependable individuals to join our team of Bus Operators! The best news- NO EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY! We’ll provide you with the tools for success by offering paid, comprehensive training and guiding you every step of the way. It’s not just a job, it’s a career.
What exactly does a KAT Bus Operator do?
- Performs pre-trip inspection of assigned vehicle and reports any defects.
- Follows both written and oral instructions and operates vehicle in accordance with printed schedules.
- Has full knowledge of routes, schedules and fares and provides this information to passengers in a courteous and professional manner upon request.
- Properly operates vehicle over prescribed route, following a time schedule.
- Uses correct safety procedures to operate lift and secure passengers in wheelchairs and other assistive devices when assisting passengers with disabilities. Must also be sensitive to their needs.
- Collects proper fares and transfers.
- Makes announcements, as required by the ADA, upon approaching designated intersections.
- Serves as an outstanding representative of KAT and the City of Knoxville at all times.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must be available to work any shift
- Must have a HS Diploma or equivalent
- $18.00 / hour
- Excellent benefits package (click here for details)
- Opportunities for promotion and professional development
KAT offers a competitive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement, paid time off and more! Read more about all the benefits we offer here.