KAT Passenger Ride Guide
About KAT Quick Links
- Respect our drivers, employees, and other passengers.
- Have correct fare or ticket ready when you board.
- Do not sit or stand in the stairwell.
- Passengers must be properly attired.
- All of our buses and vans have wheelchair securement areas.
- Priority seating is for persons with disabilities. All other passengers should make these seats available to those who wish to use them.
- Baby strollers may be brought onto the bus, but must be folded and kept out of the aisle.
- Children are not allowed to sit in strollers while aboard the bus.
- Service animals are welcome, all others must be secured in a standard animal carrier case.
- All packages/ bags must be held in your lap. They may not take up an extra seat or be placed in the aisle.
- Do not distract or interfere with the operator.
- Please keep conversation volume low as not to disturb others.
- Use headphones with your electronic devices and keep the volume low.
- Do not lie down or place feet on seats.
- No eating or drinking while traveling on KAT Vehicles.
The following are not allowed at any Knoxville Area Transit facility (vehicles, stops, shelters or transit station):
- No loud or unruly behavior.
- No littering. Please report any vandalism of buses, shelters or stops.
- No smoking/ vaping on board any KAT Vehicle or at any of our facilities, except in designated areas.
- No loitering.
- No drugs or alcohol.
- No soliciting and gambling.
- No hazardous, combustible or dangerous materials of any kind.
- No weapons of any kind.
Persons may be suspended from riding KAT buses and using our facilities if they engage in prohibited behaviors, or who act in a manner that is unacceptably offensive, dangerous or malicious.