Knoxville Area Transit
Governance, System Performance, & Financial Information
While KAT operates essentially as a department of the City of Knoxville, the Knoxville Transportation Authority (KTA) is set up to approve route and fare changes. Visit the Executive Team page to learn more about our internal team members.
Information on route performance and financial information can be found in the Knoxville Transportation Authority monthly reports, available in the Agendas and Minutes Section.
For information about our Public Records Policy or to request Public Records visit our Public Records Policy page.
ADA Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Requests for modifications of KAT’s policies, practices, or procedures to accommodate an individual with a disability may be submitted to KAT. When making a request, please thoroughly describe what is needed in order for you to use the service, and why this assistance is necessary. KAT will assess the request and make every effort to ensure that everyone can ride.
The Federal Department of Transportation has prescribed four (4) types of requests for accommodation or modification. Requests may be declined if:
- It fundamentally alters the nature of the service, program or activity;
- It creates a direct threat to the health or safety of others;
- It results in undue financial and administrative burden;
- The requestor would still be able to fully use the service provided by
- Knoxville Area Transit without the modification.
To submit a request, please fill out the KAT Accommodation Request Form here: KAT Reasonable Accommodation Request. You can also call KAT at 865-637-3000 to request an accommodation.
Anyone who wishes to file a complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of their disability in the provision of KAT service, programs or activities may also do so. Please click on the links below to find our policy for filing complaints and a filing form.
Title VI Public Notice
The City of Knoxville/Knoxville Area Transit operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. To request additional information on the civil rights program, or to request a form to file a complaint under this program, persons may submit a “contact” form or call 865-637-3000. Or, a complaint may be filed directly with the Federal Transit Administration, Office of Civil Rights, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590.
DBE Policy Statement
Department of Transportation DBE Program
The City of Knoxville/Knoxville Area Transit (KAT) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 CFR Part 26. The City of Knoxville/KAT has received Federal financial assistance from the Department of Transportation, and as a condition of receiving this assistance, the City of Knoxville has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of Knoxville Area Transit to ensure that DBEs as defined in part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. It is also our policy –
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT – assisted contracts;
- To create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- To ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT assisted contracts;
- To assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
KAT’s Director of Procurement has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer. In that capacity, the Director of Procurement is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program is accorded the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by the City of Knoxville in its financial assistance agreements with the Department of Transportation. Knoxville Area Transit has disseminated this policy statement to the Knoxville Transportation Authority and all of the components of our organization. We have distributed this statement to DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform work for us on DOT assisted contracts by:
- Referencing the policy within the City Purchasing Department’s Diversity Small Business Connections Newsletter, and
- Referencing the policy in all FTA funded solicitations.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy Statement
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, or a screen reader) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem, the preferred format in which to receive the material, the web address of the requested material, and your contact information.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- We work to comply with Section 508 as well as WCAG 2.0 A and AA referring to website accessibility standards.
- If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Browser Accessibility Information
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools.
- Chrome Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Microsoft Edge Accessibility Information
- Safari Accessibility Information
Adobe Reader is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader, please visit the Adobe Reader Accessibility website which provides useful tools and resources.
Supported Assistive Technology
- Latest Version of JAWS for Windows
- Latest Version of NVDA for Windows
- Latest Version of VoiceOver for Mac OS X
- Keyboard-Only Navigation