- Feature Links
- Reduced Service Schedule
Reduced Service Schedule
Knoxville Area Transit has reduced weekday service on some routes as a result of a current workforce shortage. This shortage is NOT due to increased COVID-19 cases amongst employees, but rather, due to employees following proper CDC guidelines of quarantining when required or staying home when feeling sick. In order to maintain the transit service needed to get workers to their jobs and for people to make necessary trips, KAT has made the changes listed below to KAT routes. Detailed schedules are attached. *Please note that additional buses will be dispatched as needed and available.
The routes are listed below, this change will be in effect until further notice.
Weekday service reductions: (click route to view schedule)
- Route 11 – Kingston Pike – service every 30 minutes
- Route 17 – Sutherland – service once an hour
- Route 20 – Central – service once an hour
- Route 22 – Broadway – service every 30 minutes
- Route 31 – Magnolia – service every 30 minutes
- Route 32 – Dandridge – service once an hour
- Route 34 – Burlington – service once an hour
- Route 40 – South Knoxville – service once an hour
- Route 45 – Vestal – service once an hour
- Orange Line Trolley – ends at 8:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Blue Line Trolley – ends at 8:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings
- Green Line Trolley - service every 20 minutes, ends at 8:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evening
All other weekday routes will maintain their current schedules, and weekend service will remain the same, with the exception of evening trolley service described above.
KAT routes will continue to operate fare-free and passengers may enter through the front or rear doors. Seating on buses is still limited to 50% capacity or less, and additional buses will be dispatched as available when buses reach maximum capacity.
Please limit transit trips!