Do you have a passion for making a positive difference in people’s lives?
Do you have a talent for interacting with people?
Are you looking for a career with growth opportunities?
Do you want a job that actually helps improve air quality and makes the world better?
Join Knoxville Area Transit as a professional Transit Support Specialist!
What exactly does a KAT Training Instructor do?
- Provide scheduling and dispatching for KAT’s LIFT service in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Accept and record complaints and process as directed.
- Accept and schedule passenger trip requests through a computerized paratransit scheduling software for the daily operation of the KAT paratransit service.
- Maintain computerized software in order to provide up-to-date, accurate, and efficient driver manifests.
- Enter data related to all passenger trip requests and customer comments and complaints.
- Prepare informational and application packets for passengers and paratransit applicants.
- Ensure all applications for LIFT eligibility are processed and responded to in a timely manner.
- Update, maintain, calculate and enter data for all reports to KAT management staff.
- Maintain radio contact with operators as necessary for schedule changes, detours, customer inquiries, etc.
- Accept passenger calls for regular route information; responding politely and quickly with accurate information.
- Sell passes to the public and record sales as directed.
- Must have previous experience in a call center and/or public facing environment
- Must have experience in Microsoft Word and Excel and willing to learn and use new technology
- Must have strong knowledge of, or the ability to learn KAT bus routes, Knoxville streets and traffic patterns
- Must have previous experience in serving and communicating with the elderly and disabled
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be team oriented, adaptable and proactive
- $17.50/ hour (prior experience will be considered)
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunities for promotion and professional development