Responsible for overseeing the administrative functions of the Knoxville Area Transit. This role is pivotal in ensuring the smooth operation of various departments, managing resources, and optimizing processes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization. Will work closely with Directors to develop strategies, policies, and initiatives that align with the KAT’s mission and strategic objectives, while also providing leadership and oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to human resources, finance, procurement, grants, and marketing, fostering a collaborative and results-driven work culture.
- Assist in establishing strategic direction for KAT and refining short-term goals, objectives and priorities.
- Implement or maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the effectiveness of administrative functions and identify areas for improvement.
- Overseas the development of human resources strategies, establishing accountability, recruitment, employment processing, compensation, benefits, and records management policies.
- Provides oversight for marketing activities and programs, including internal communication and external public information programs.
- Oversees procurements, contract administration, and project management with City of Knoxville coordination to ensure monitoring and tracking of critical project deadlines.
- Oversees finance and grants, which includes forecasting, and monitoring as required by Federal, State, and City of Knoxville.
- Overseas diversity and equity initiatives, Equal Employment Opportunity Program, Disadvantage Business Enterprise Program, Transit Asset Management Plan,
- Establish administrative policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Acts in the capacity of the Disadvantage Business Enterprise Liaison and Equal Employee Opportunity Officer.
- Other duties as directed by the Director.
Bachelor’s advanced degree Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field. Minimum 5-10 years of progressive administrative management experience in the transportation or a related field.
- Proven success in organizational transformation resulting in improved efficiency, effectiveness and enhanced brand value.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor staff effectively.
- Customer-focused, innovative, strategic thinker and team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal staff and external stakeholders, as well as the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Extensive experience in administrative leadership, preferably within the public transportation sector or a similar public agency.
- Strong understanding of budgeting, financial management, and procurement processes.
- Knowledge of human resources practices, including talent management and employee relations.
- Familiarity with technology integration and data-driven decision-making.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a focus on process optimization.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and see, talk and/or hear. The employee occasionally is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. May experience repetitive motion of wrist, hands, and/or fingers. Occasional reaching above shoulders, below waist and reaching waist to shoulders.
- The noise level is usually quiet
- Inside office conditions with moderate work pace pressure.
- Based on experience and qualifications
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until the position is filled.